Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just to Let You Know

The first thing I want to tell you as you start to read this is that I'm feeling fine and doing well. I'm home recuperating from surgery I had last Monday, November tenth, to remove a cyst on my liver. (Those of you who actually know me, please don't freak out.) I was going to wait until I was completely back to normal and just get back into writing - to avoid being a drama queen - but a few of you have written to see if I'm well since you haven't heard from me for two months.

So the answer is after I very reluctantly went to the E.R. with abdominal pain the end of August, I had a bunch of tests to figure out what what wrong, and then when that was figured out, what to do about it. I also stayed very busy at work so I could get caught up enough that I wouldn't worry while I stayed home to rest and get better.

The bottom line is I'm doing very well - even better than I had dared to hope. With Obama being elected and my surgery being successful, I would have to say it's been a great two weeks.

I do have things I have cooked that I haven't had a chance to tell you about, but, to be honest. I was enough off my feed the past few days that writing about food was just not at the top of my list. I plan to start posting once a week again starting next week. I'm sticking with Zuni; I hope you'll stick with me.

5 comments:

Natashya said...

Take care of yourself, the world can wait. Glad to hear that your spirits are high.
Cheers!

hanne said...

Oh, wow, I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I hope your recovery is swift!

p.s. I'm excited to see what you're cooking next!

Adrienne said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you're recovering well - take care. We'll be here when you're back :)

MichaelG said...

Get well fast! But don't rush it. Looking forward to your return.

Webinsider said...

Hello Zuni:

I'm Deek from blogoxy, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widgets that enable bloggers to broadcast their content.

http://blogoxy.com
http://blogoxy.com/blog

For food blogger, our new contextual slideshow widget it perfect. It displays related images from your blog in a slideshow. Additionally, Similar Articles widget increases your page views by displaying other "related articles" to your readers.

I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets. Feel free to play around with them.

Happy blogging.

Thanks,
Deek (blogoxy team member)